HERO OF THE WEEK

HERO OF THE WEEK
POET OF THE WEEK: DAN DEDIVER OBODOEFUNA . "SONNET VIII (18th April, 2013)

Friday 25 May 2012

WHY GO IN THE MORNING


I hear the distant wail, what is wrong?
Who has fallen prey?
Not mine I pray
I hear melancholy songs.
There lies my heart, there lies my future, there lies my better half
On me death spat, what to do so unsure.
Why go so soon?
Grey hair mourning
Why not noon, or when up was the moon?
Why go in the morning?
Still lies the vessel that once carried the human soul
Laying on earthy ground, body bound!
With unaccomplishd goals.Why body still warm 
Behold her beauty fading on queue and worms 
Pains on my face worn, and my breath failing.
Why bring mournin?
Why leave so soon? Why not noon?
Or when up was the moon? Why go in d morning?
South the body go, spirit ascend north
To the city made of gold?
Or the Devil's Home?
These answers I know not.
 
   Omoisi Christian (Ddrogba)

No comments:

Post a Comment