HERO OF THE WEEK

HERO OF THE WEEK
POET OF THE WEEK: DAN DEDIVER OBODOEFUNA . "SONNET VIII (18th April, 2013)

Friday 18 May 2012

TEACH ME HOW TO PRAY

 
One bright morning, i was in my garden tending the flowers.
 
A brave little boy walked up to me saying: ''would you please me how to pray?''.  
I looked at him and said: ''my little friend am tending to the flowers. 
Go, come back some other time wen am reclining''. 
In gloom, he walked away, with his head tucked into his shoulders as he walks away dejected. 
That was last i saw and heard of him.
 
That sunny day,i was told he is gone. 
Flashes of him came rollin by in front my eyes like a movie.
 
I recalled his last words to me: "would you please teach me how to pray?" It kept echoing.
 
My mood was wrenched into the most devasted xpression of guilt, regret, sadness and pain.
 
There he lies in his little casket, my little friend.
 
So calm and peaceful like a child sleeping his cradle after bein read a bed time story. 
My eyes became glassy,hot tears trickled down slowly.
 
On his grave, I wrote a wreath. A prayer I should have thought him. 
"THANK YOU FATHER FOR PROVIDIN THIS MEAL, BLESS DADDY AND MUMMY. THROUGH CHRIST OUR KING.AMEN!!"
 
I hope he gets to read it wen he wakes up from his long beauty sleep.
 
                       Precious Oboh (Cupid Arrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment