HERO OF THE WEEK

HERO OF THE WEEK
POET OF THE WEEK: DAN DEDIVER OBODOEFUNA . "SONNET VIII (18th April, 2013)

Sunday 25 November 2012

THE PROMISE (IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY LATE MOTHER)




She has been acquainted with pain
She has out walked the dry land and rain
You can call her the bravest of heart
She has looked down the saddest light
She can say it’s alright
Even when I know, she’s breaking up inside.

She can hide pain under the sun’s glee
And the moon would hardly knew
She was a woman, so
Sweetly she grew
All her bright ebony hair
Tarnished with rust
She that was young and fair
Fallen to dust
The bread I broke with you
Was more than bread
Now that I am without you
All that was so beautiful is dead.

What shall I give to resurrect your name?
I could keep scented rose on your stone home
It shall wither and blew away
I would rather be your wave in the rain
And stand firm like a rock
Trees shall I bend for your name to reign
I will cheat nature like a rogue
Like a job hunter, romantically
Clutch his file with hope
Blazing in his eyes
Despite the many rejections
So shall I battle with nights
And never let go
My strength, heart and soul
Shall I lay down
Till there’s nothing to give 
Your name will forever live,
Through me, hang on famous walls
Untainted by dust nor age
That’s the promise I've made
One day, I will look into the sky
And see you smile brighter than
The sun that shines through the day.



                                                         - Chima Precious Ola (COUNTESS)

No comments:

Post a Comment