HERO OF THE WEEK

HERO OF THE WEEK
POET OF THE WEEK: DAN DEDIVER OBODOEFUNA . "SONNET VIII (18th April, 2013)

Sunday 25 November 2012

GARDEN OF DREAMS



I see the reflection of the moon..
As I sat by the river aloof..
In my heart were reminisces..
Reeled in d moonlights mood..

I see the fireflies..
Singing by the oak tree..
In this garden of dreams..
I see the dawn of gleams..
Passing by The river beams..
My emotions streams..
As I walk through life's ills...
In humble glee...

In the chirping of the crickets...I see hope...
Restoring the years...sown in tears..
If the moon shine in the laughter of the sun..
Then let the blessings of childhood to me come..

Let the whispers of the nights' owl...
Whisper sweet secrets to my waning soul...
In thoughts to which my solitude bade me thus...
Being revealed in the haven of salient spurs..


In this garden divine presence...

Time walks me by...
Its Destination unknown...
In this nightly sky...
Looking upwards, towards home...
Lying in dis garden by the river...
Learning secrets...in thoughtful quivers...
Bequeath me grass to grace...
As i feel the grasses on its plains...
Come what may...my wangling thoughts says...

Loneliness be sweet...
If in u i see dreams....
Of what is to be...
Flip Terrence to the subtle means...
If ever thy kingdom tarries...

Will i wallow in the thoughts of the morrow..
Will the future bid me its hollows.
Nay, mysteries be mysteries.
For i cherish not the soothsayer..
Nor the gibbering of the palm reader..

Fate, be thyself.
Succumb not to the sayings of false prophets..
Who waggle their tongues in disdain..
To profanity in hypnotic brays..

Somberly, the night in dis garden of dreams..
Is the hope of starry gleams.








- Daniel El Gentledan (Zeus)

No comments:

Post a Comment