HERO OF THE WEEK

HERO OF THE WEEK
POET OF THE WEEK: DAN DEDIVER OBODOEFUNA . "SONNET VIII (18th April, 2013)

Sunday 25 November 2012

I AM ME



I come to you with word syrups of substance
So silent in texture yet so deafening in fragrance,
Rhythmic,ecletic and a simple dose in an instance,
Might be enigmatic cos it will set your toes on a dance.

I come to you with ink capsules capable of putting you in a trance
My style freeverse not always freelance,
I'm artfully worded yet simplicity is my stance,
I'm Nigerian,yet exotic as if from France.

I come to you with word syringes here not from a distance,
Weird atimes,unpredictable yet smooth in utterance
My syringes fill your veins with word juice that makes you balance
It's like drug might be addictive but you won't want deliverance.

I come to you with ink drips appetizing in appearance,
I seek to be your humble acquaintance,
Please accept me with no ounce of grievance,
All this i can't do without YOU and GoD's assistance.
-------I am just me----

- Mabel Okpaefi

No comments:

Post a Comment