HERO OF THE WEEK

HERO OF THE WEEK
POET OF THE WEEK: DAN DEDIVER OBODOEFUNA . "SONNET VIII (18th April, 2013)

Sunday 25 November 2012

I GOT A STORY



My life sucks
Everything about it
My effort I see
Fizzling away
My dreams I see
Dwindling afar
“Sky is the limit”
They all say
But I wonder why the sun
Has gone beyond my reach
Many times I hit it close
“Not good enough” I hear.


Never, I seem
To do a thing aright
I watch others
As they flaunt their skills
Their boldness, I envy
Their poise, I long for
“How come they are so good?”
I ask myself
Humans, they are as well
Why am I different?
Maybe I can never be like them
I give up.

My dreams are intense
My vision keen
But they say to me
“This is not good enough”
Oh! I sink deeper into misery
They I’m a loser
I try to burst a little
They say I’m frenzied
The future I hope
Will be brighter
I know this story
I must live to tell











                                          - Uzoma Ezeson

No comments:

Post a Comment