HERO OF THE WEEK

HERO OF THE WEEK
POET OF THE WEEK: DAN DEDIVER OBODOEFUNA . "SONNET VIII (18th April, 2013)

Sunday 25 November 2012

Letter From The W!zarÐ-þ£n


















I told myself
To g!ve !t uþ
The womb of wealth
Of vasted croþ.

I made a mark
I made my þath
I bade God's ark
To þlease my heart.

The grasses bleed
Off w!lt'd brown
To scr!þture-creed
I won't bow down.

Let end be end
That Heaven-l!ne
I know no fr!end
Nor bloody-b!nd.

My l!fe !s dead
She lays !n sleeþ
And all she bled
Are death's to keeþ.

Do ch!me my seeds
My tale of woes
Such s!n-f!ll'd deeds
Of Heaven-foes.

I was a man
I was a ch!ld
From glory bann'd
To drown Earth-w!de.

Let sheeþ be sheeþ
And weeds be weeds
I shall death reaþ
For all my deeds.

I told myself
To g!ve !t uþ
The sack of breath
And þoetr!c thought.




                                 
                                                       - April Emmanuel (DS-April)

No comments:

Post a Comment