HERO OF THE WEEK

HERO OF THE WEEK
POET OF THE WEEK: DAN DEDIVER OBODOEFUNA . "SONNET VIII (18th April, 2013)

Saturday 2 June 2012

TELL THE AGED WIND (by OPETU EBIBOTE- SPILLING INK)


Tell my dreams to this aged wind

passing through with a force so weak

Tell him of my passion dwelling in the city's ruin

I have dreams that ache for reality

but live in the shackles of fantasy

Tell this aged wind

that my dreams are dead in sin

drown by the ocean and its dreadful beings


I have watched in silence as they wail and weep

fading away with each passing day

Tell my dreams to this aged wind

Tell him i kneel on broken knees

and plea for dreams dead in hell's pit

They, my only reason for living

need d breath of life for my soul to live on

Tel dis aged wind

I live for my dreams

and plea from bondage, their release


Opetu Ebibote (Spilling Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment